As a Client Service Manager with Human you'd look after a portfolio of clients and act as their leading point of contact as we deliver work together.
Building shared understanding is more important than specifying every detail in a document. During production, our teams regularly workshop with the client teams to review progress and plan next steps. As Client Services Manager, both team and client would look to you for clarity on what has been agreed, what happens next and whether or not we need to revise the plan.
Client Service Managers enable teams to move forward ensuring that questions are answered, plans are in the diary and the client's product vision is understood by everyone.
Human works in an unusually agile and authentic way. Client Service Managers ensure everyone gets the best out of that so that we build a long relationship working together.
We believe in #ProvingByDoing which means getting the job done and impressing with results rather than just words. This is especially true for a Client Service Manager.
- To lead our client and our team to build and maintain shared understanding.
- Ensure the work we do together delivers the right kind of digital transformation for our clients.
- Identify and cultivate new opportunities to improve things for our clients.
What the job involves day-to-day
Strategy & Engagement
- Support early-stage conversations with potential new clients.
- Work with clients to scope and prioritise new projects before they are commissioned.
- Take the lead on commissioning efforts to get contracts, payment terms, scheduling and other practicalities organised.
- Build and maintain the Product Vision with team and client.
- Facilitate release planning, sprint review & showcase sessions.
- Keep in regular contact with the client through calls, visits, screen shares, Slack and emails (if need be).
- Produce simple and clear video showcases to support clients in preparing for sprint reviews.
- Answer questions from the team during production sprints.
Evolution is our ground-breaking ongoing development service. It's continuous agile production between production releases of the software we build and maintain for clients.
- Support the Evolution team in shaping the ongoing relationship with your clients.
- Help clients to decide on the prioritisation of their Evolution requests bearing in mind the long term vision for the product.
- Identify and act upon opportunities for new strategic or production projects made apparent in Evolution requests or patterns thereof.
Human is a great place to work
Human was founded in 2010 by five good friends. We believe in creating the right atmosphere and conditions to be able to do our best work. We’re looking for people who exemplify the things that humans are best at, the things that can never be automated: leadership, caring and craft. If you can take responsibility, empathise deeply with others and are passionate about what we make and how we make it, then you’ll fit right in.
- Our gorgeous bright office at the end of Canal Street, a generous place where open minds can thrive.
- We share insights and entertain each other informally over lunch for Friday 15s.
- Unlimited tea and coffee + regular cake and doughnuts.
- Monthly socials, plus you guessed it - a ping pong table and arcade machine.
- 33 days leave per year (including bank holidays).
- Travel benefits after first year.
Who should apply?
- managing clients
- project management (although we'd never call it that!)
- digital production / software development
- a great listener; understanding what's needed and the ability to discern between that which is already clear and that which needs further exploration
- ability to speak confidently and with authority equally well with senior leaders and team members from all backgrounds
- commercial insight; knowing what will make the difference for our clients as they work to transform their organisations
- a completer-finisher who loves to get things done, delighting your clients and supporting your team
- attention to detail
- excellent written and spoken English
Starting salary: £25-30k depending on experience.
Human is an equal opportunities employer. We know that diverse teams produce better outcomes so we're keen to receive applications from all humans regardless of the labels you or others might have chosen for you.
Send your CV, video, cover letter or anything you think makes a great first impression to email@example.com